Legends of Chima is a television series based on the LEGO Legends of Chima series of LEGO sets. It began with 2 episodes airing on January 16, 2013, with the Season 1 finale on December 5, 2013.
On March 15, 2014, season 2 premiered on Cartoon Network and ended on April 19, 2014.
On August 9, 2014, season 3 began to air on Cartoon Network and ended on November 22, 2014.
The Land of Chima is a pristine land filled with tribes consisting of various anthropomorphic animals ranging from the Lions, Crocodiles, Eagles, Gorillas, Wolves, Ravens, Rhinos, Bears, Beavers, Scorpions, Spiders, Bats, Saber-Tooth Tigers, Mammoths, Vultures, Phoenixes, Tigers, Ice Bears, and other animals.
The Power of CHI
When young Cragger becomes King of the Crocodile Tribe, and his former best friend, Prince Laval of the Lion Tribe, becomes his worst enemy. Then pretty soon, a terrible war breaks out between the eight animal tribes over the powerful Chi, a substance that can both sustain life and destroy it. The last battle is at the Lion temple where Laval fakes his death and gets the Crocodile Legend Beast. But When the Dark Tribes use the advantages of the war for the Chi to steal the Chi from Mount Cavora, the eight heroes of Chima must travel to the Outlands to rescue the eight Legend Beasts, which are the keys to restarting Mount Cavora.
Legend of the Fire CHI
After the defeat of the Dark Tribes, Chima becomes a peaceful land, but not for long. As a threat of the Ancient Hunter Tribes emerge, the heroes of Chima must find the legendary Fire tribes and unlock the new Fire CHI power to turn up the heat and stop the Ice tribes from freezing all of Chima.
Season 1 (2013): The Power of CHI
Season 2 (Early 2014): Quest for the Legend Beasts
Season 3 (Late 2014): Legend of the Fire Chi
- David Attar - Cragger, Lennox, Rogon, Ripnik, Reegull, Stealthor
- Bethany Brown - Eris, Crooler, Spinlyn, Rinona, Wonald
- Matt Cronander - Willhurt, Ewar, Elon
- Bill Courage - Crominus, Lagravis, Longtooth, Lavertus, Mottrot
- Chris Durchand - Dom De La Woosh, Sir Fangar, Strainor
- Jesse Inocalla - Plovar, Grumlo, Runk, Sparracon, Fluminox
- Meghan Kinsley - Crunket, G'Loona, Windra, Li'ella, Maula
- John Nelson - Wakz, Crug, Balkar, Rukus, Flinx
- Michael Patric - Gorzan, Scorm, Mungus, Voom Voom, Eglor
- Scott Shantz - Laval, Worriz, Skinnet, Furtivo, Razcal, Sparratus, Scolder, Scutter, Lundor, Vardy, Firox
- Jeff Evans Todd - Razar, Bladvic, Crawley, Winzar, Leonidas, Equila, Ewald
- Adam White -Foltrax, Vornon, Tormak
- Doug Parker - Voice Director
The series premiere was watched by 1.5 million viewers, making it the 10th highest rated show overall on cable that night.
The music for Legends of Chima was written by Danish composer Anthony Lledo who had worked together with Peder Pedersen on the director's Indiana Jones and Star Wars themed Lego shorts. Selections from the score have been released by MovieScore Media.
All music composed by Anthony Lledo.
- Legends of Chima at the Internet Movie Database
- Legends of Chima at the Big Cartoon DataBase