- Common names: bromeliad boas, banana boas, Neotropical dwarf boas.
Ungaliophis is a genus of dwarf boas found from southern Mexico to Colombia. Currently, 2 species are recognized.
Found from the Pacific coastal plain and Meseta Central of Chiapas in Mexico, south through Central America (Pacific Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama) to Colombia.
These snakes occupy a range of habitats from lowland rainforest to highland pine-oak forests to cloud forests. Their vertical distribution ranges from sea level to 2,300Â m elevation.
*) Not including the nominate subspecies.
T) Type species.
- List of tropidophiid species and subspecies
- Tropidophiidae by common name
- Tropidophiidae by taxonomic synonyms
- Ungaliophis at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 29 August 2007.