Typhlops is a genus of blind snakes found in Europe, Africa, Asia and Central and South America. Currently, 120 species are recognized, accounting for over half of the species in the family Typhlopidae. Common names include: blind snakes, blindsnakes.
Snakes of this genus are found in southeastern Europe, the Middle East, tropical and subtropical Asia, most of Africa, Madagascar and certain islands of the Indian Ocean, the Philippines, Moluccas, New Guinea, Central America, South America, and the West Indies.
*) Not including the nominate subspecies.
T) Type species.
- List of snakes - Overview of all snake genera.
Images of a Typhlops from Binnaguri, North Bengal, India:
- List of typhlopid species and subspecies.
- Typhlops by common name.
- Typhlops by taxonomic synonyms.
- Typhlopidae by common name.
- Typhlopidae by taxonomic synonyms.
- Typhlops at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 29 August 2007.