- Common names: mountain pit vipers.
Ovophis is a genus of venomous pitvipers found in Asia. Three species are currently recognized.
Found in Asia in Nepal and Seven Sisters (Assam), India, eastward through Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, West Malaysia, Taiwan, Okinawa, Sumatra and Borneo.
>*) Not including the nominate subspecies.
T) Type species.
Species placed in this group have long been associated with the genus Trimeresurus. One other species that is included in some other taxonomies is O. tonkinensis (Bourret, 1934). It is commonly called the Tonkin pit viper and is found in Vietnam and China.
- List of crotaline species and subspecies
- Crotalinae by common name
- Crotalinae by taxonomic synonyms
- Ovophis at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 12 December 2007.