Episoriculus is a genus of shrew in the red-toothed shrew subfamily. They have been described to have a common name as the brown-toothed shrews. It has been described as a subgenus to Soriculus in the past. The genus is occurs at a number of locations in Asia, including Nepal and China.
Currently, the four identified species of the Episoriculus genus include:
- Hodgsons's brown-toothed shrew (E. caudatus)
- E. c. sacratus
- E. c. umbrinus
- Taiwanese brown-toothed shrew (E. fumidus)
- Long-tailed brown-toothed shrew (E. leucops)
- Long-tailed mountain shrew (E. macrurus)
- A guide to the mammals of China.
- Checklist of Palaearctic and Indian Mammals 1758 to 1946. British Museum (Natural History), 19 1951: pp. 810. [Zoological Record Volume 88]