Cyclotyphlops is a monotypic genus created for the blind snake species, C. deharvengi, found in southeastern Sulawesi, Indonesia. No subspecies are currently recognized.
The specific name, deharvengi, is in honor of Louis Deharveng, who is a zoologist at the MusÃ©um national d'histoire naturelle, Paris.
C. deharvengi is known only from the type locality, which is "Malawa, between Maros and Bone-Watampon, Selatan Province, southeastern Sulawesi, Indonesia, at an elevation of about 500Â m" (1,640 ft).
- List of typhlopid species and subspecies
- Typhlopidae by common name
- Typhlopidae by taxonomic synonyms
- Bosch HAJ in den, Ineich I. 1994. The Typhlopidae of Sulawesi (Indonesia): A Review with Description of a new Genus and a New Species (Serpentes: Typhlopidae). Journal of Herpetology 28 (2): 206-217. (Cyclotyphlops, new genus; Cyclotyphlops deharvengi, new species).
- Cyclotyphlops deharvengi at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 29 August 2007.