Brachyophidium is a monotypic genus created for the nonvenomous shield tail snake species, Brachyophidium rhodogaster, endemic to southern India. No subspecies are currently recognized.
- Common names: (none).
It is found in southern India (Western Ghats) in the Palni Hills (Shembaganur on Kodaikanal Hills, Palnis).
The type locality given is "Palnai Hills."
- List of uropeltid species and subspecies
- Uropeltidae by common name
- Uropeltidae by taxonomic synonyms
- F. Wall (1921). "A new snake of the family Uropeltidae". Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society 28 (1): 41â"42.Â
- Brachyophidium rhodogaster at the Reptarium.cz Reptile Database. Accessed 1 September 2007.